will the pending ban affect the bolt action aftermarket?

rem700man

hey everyone, ive been doing alot of googling the last couple of days concerning the pending gun ban and all ive been able to find is info concerning semi auto rifles and im more interested to find out if the bolt action rifle aftermarket is gonna have any kind of blowback from this ban,such as stocks,barrels, triggers etc. any thoughts or info would be helpful. thanks for your time

Thumbhole stocks, detachable mags, could be on the chopping block...... Feinstein is supposed to bring her bill to the floor on thursday so we'll have to see if we the people get to see it.......

Thumbhole stocks, detachable mags, could be on the chopping block...... Feinstein is supposed to bring her bill to the floor on thursday so we'll have to see if we the people get to see it.......

+1

It seems like all detachable mags are on the chopping block. That will make almost every modern rimfire banned (so many of them have detachable mag). Additionally, many bolt action centerfires have detachable mags and therefore may be banned. I wonder what magazine companies are going to do, this could force most mag manufacturing out of biz.

If you are opposed to this, now would be a good time to contact your Representatives.

i dont understand whats so threatening about thumbhole stocks, can anyone one explain that to me? and what about pistol grip stocks like mcmillans or hs precision. are they on the chop block also?. and as far as the detachable magazines i thought they were just gonna ban hi cap mags[ nothing over ten rounds] and centerfire rifle dbm's dont go over 10 rds. i havent had time to look over feinsteins proposal yet, but i will when i get some time later this evening. thanks everyone for your help

i dont understand whats so threatening about thumbhole stocks, can anyone one explain that to me? and what about pistol grip stocks like mcmillans or hs precision. are they on the chop block also?. and as far as the detachable magazines i thought they were just gonna ban hi cap mags[ nothing over ten rounds] and centerfire rifle dbm's dont go over 10 rds. i havent had time to look over feinsteins proposal yet, but i will when i get some time later this evening. thanks everyone for your help

Watch this. It states anything that COULD have a hi cap mag.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg]Assault Weapons Ban 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Jeff

They say banning FIXED magazines that can hold over x amount and as Broz pointed out, any setup where high capacity magazines might be used.

This implies that detachable are not allowed at all. Will have to see what tomorrow brings.

Yes, much of this does not make sense. It doesn't matter if it is illogical, counter-productive, and being done by people who have very little to no idea what a gun is or how to use it, they do have legal and media power and they are trying to use it.

Recently a person went on a rampage, ran into a movie theater after someone he was trying to kill and was stopped by an off duty sheriff officer (working security). Amazing how that only makes local San Antonio news. It doesn't fit in with big media's agenda.

Well, in my opinion, this is just the first step. If "they" get this ban through, it will be a HUGE defeat for gun owners AND a vicious slap in the face for those that believe in the constitution specifically the 2nd amendment. It just CANNOT pass the way it is written currently.
I can just see someone saying, "Now, why would any american need a rifle that shoots 1000 yards?" Or "Why would anyone need a "sniper" or so called "tactical" rifle?" "Thats not very sporting for hunting." Its coming folks. Realize that basically HALF (most likely more) of our country is for more gun control and bans.
Even though its somewhat humerous, I like the idea that someone else said. We can concede the west coast and the east coast and the rest of us can live in the new Nation of Texas................Aw hell, they can have Chicago too..............

Randy
And Idaho ain't on any of the coasts....................

i dont understand whats so threatening about thumbhole stocks
It is because the stock is attached to a gun.

I can just see someone saying, "Now, why would any american need a rifle that shoots 1000 yards?" Or "Why would anyone need a "sniper" or so called "tactical" rifle?" "Thats not very sporting for hunting." Its coming folks. Realize that basically HALF (most likely more) of our country is for more gun control and bans.
Yup
Every few years someone takes a few long range shots like the DC Sniper. If one of those starts up again, the deer rifles are next.

Quote from Nancy Pelosi before the vote on the health care law,,,,, "we'll have to pass the bill to see what's in it".

My old Model 94 30-30 is looking better and better. All I need now is a lot of cheesecloth and some cosmoline.

It is because the stock is attached to a gun.

Yup
Every few years someone takes a few long range shots like the DC Sniper. If one of those starts up again, the deer rifles are next.

The guy in DC wasn't a sniper, wasn't taking long shots, he was, a mechanic in the army at one time, the only thing he did that that resembled the craft was being in the trunk of a car! He is a ***!

I absolutely agree that the anti-gunners will continue to come after us, especially if they have any success with the current bill Feinstein is introducing.

I don't agree that 1/2 of our country is for more gun control. I do believe that they believe what they are told by our anti-gun politicians, media & "celebrities" that that less guns = less violent crime. Statistics show the exact opposite. But as Sarah Brady has said, "An ounce of emotion is worth a pound of facts". Right now emotions are running high, and the anti's are trying to use this to their advantage.

I'd love to see the pro-gun groups really go on the offensive. You can't argue with the facts. I'd love to see a media campaign promoting the positive aspects of gun ownership and the shooting sports.

And I highly encourage each one of us to introduce a non-gun, non-shooting friend to the sport! There is strength in numbers :D

As I read the Feinstein proposal I was pretty sure it was addressing semi autos. I could be wrong................

I make custom pistol grip stocks for bolt actions and the Rem7400-7600. Definitely can't afford her BS logic.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.