Will a Moto Q run any ballistics software?

Tyler Kemp

It runs on Windows Mobile 6.0, just ordered it today. I can't find any specs for Exbal or Nightforce software anywhere, or any other ballistics software for that matter.

It won't work. Been there, tried that. Called Perry systems and he told me that the software was not designed for us on the smart phones and they had no immidiate plans of making one that will.

I run Windows 6.0 on my HP iPAQ 111 it works fine with ex-bal, but it does have a touch screen.
On thing I have found, with windows 6.0 and my pocket pc, it crashes periodically, I learned quickly to save (export) my favorites and all files, including a copy of exbal onto the 4GB memory card.
Small pain in the neck, but once I discovered the nature of this beast, I can live with it. :D

I downloaded "Al_Bal" basically a free version of a ballistics software off the eskimo ballistics site. I'm about to try it.

Just to let you guys know, if your phone has "documents to go" you can go to the thread about ballistics program and download "the thing". It works on my phone, although it has some extra stuff I don't need. I trimmed it down to the cartridge page, ballistics page, and another dropsheet. It works well although the small screen size makes it a bit difficult to navigate. If your phone will run something made specifically for it, it would look better but I'm not sure if it would work better.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts