Will a 338 edge work in a Sendero 338 ultra mag?

dgr416

Is it worth fooling with changing a 338 Sendero over to a 338 edge?I was wondering if there is a big difference or just more powder burned in a 26 inch barrel.I already have two 338-378 accumarks so I wondered if its even worth fooling with?

You already have the hot rod ! I have a .338/300 RUM not made by Shawn but the same configuration a friend has 4 338/378 wby his is faster but no more accurate.For the good it would do you I'd stick with the 338 RUM or mabe nesk it down?

Before you go for the expense of rechambering your 338, I would shoot that barrel out. After you shoot it out rebarrel with a high quality barrel like a Lilja or Broughton. Then go for the 338 Edge or one of the other 338's with a longer barrel. You won't see the full benefit of one of the 338 wildcats with a 26" barrel.

My 2 cents
Frank D

I would have to agree with everyone. For the 100-150 fps gain on a 26" tube I don't think it is worth the cost. I would shoot the crap out of it if it shoots well and rebarrel with 30" tube and different caliber later.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts