Will a 28" 1-11 twist barrel stabilize the 215 Berger in .300 Ultra Mag

Broach

I have been buying and making parts here and there for my 1st real long range rifle, and I finally got everything and am getting ready to have it put together! It's going to be a .300 RUM. I ordered the barrel from Hart in a 1-11 twist, thinking I wanted to shoot 210 vld's, but now finding out here about the 215 hybrids I'm kinda kicking myself. Berger recommends a 1-10 to stabilize them, I have used their twist calculator and its close to being stable. Does anyone shoot these out of a 1-11? This is my 1st post, but I have been lurkin around for some time and I love this site. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been buying parts here and there for my 1st real long range rifle, and I finally got everything and am getting ready to have it put together! It's going to be a .300 RUM. I ordered the barrel from Hart in a 1-11 twist, thinking I wanted to shoot 210 vld's, but now finding out here about the 215 hybrids I'm kinda kicking myself. Berger recommends a 1-10 to stabilize them, I have used their twist calculator and its close to being stable. Does anyone shoot these out of a 1-11? This is my 1st post, but I have been lurkin around for some time and I love this site. Thanks.

It may but why chance it, 1-10 was the correct choice cancel the order and get what you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.