Wildcat bullets dot com

goodgrouper

Maybe I'm late to the party with this, but I just noticed that www.wildcatbullets.com has an updated website. It is still under construction but what is there looks really good! Well done Richard. There is even a few pics of Kirby and his long range kills there as well.

There is also a currency converter that is quite handy, and a link to our LRH forum.

Prices look reasonable and the photos of production are most interesting.

One thing I would like to see on it just for help with this matter is suggested twist rates for the bullets. This may however be the part that is still under construction.

I am not sure if Richard still frequents our forum, but if so, are the 338 300 grain match dies still having problems or are they fixed and I just haven't heard about it? I would still like to try a few out this summer on 2000 plus yard chucks. Please let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was bummed at first. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Couldn't immediately find the 338 252 RBBTs.......then there they were /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif They are shooters!

Couldn't find any converters/pics etc. I think skinny is doing the web page if his bolt handle hasn't fallen off

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GG,

The 338 dies are still being worked out. This is not something that is Richards fault, the die makers simply can not seem to get these particular dies right.

At this time, I believe the die makers have Richards dies are are trying to get things corrected, again!!!

The frustration that Richard has had with the 338 ULD RBBT dies has been more then I care to explain. Honestly, if I had to deal with that much headache, I would have given up on the 338 bullets long before now. Forutnately Richards has a stubborn streak in him which in this and our case is a GOOD thing as his 338 bullets are very good bullets!!

Rest assured Richard is lurking on LRH and many other chat boards, just a silent viewer though to keep in touch with his customers and what may be wanted in the future with upcoming trends.

They really need to keep those ugly pics of that **** Montana boy off the web site though, BAD FOR BUSINESS!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

I know Richard uses some of the corbin products to make his bullets. My question is has Richard thought about useing there powdered tungensten in his bullets? I would as well as several others be interested in some 338 tungsten bullets. for some large 338's.

Thanks d-a

[ QUOTE ]

I would have given up on the 338 bullets long before now. Forutnately Richards has a stubborn streak in him which in this and our case is a GOOD thing as his 338 bullets are very good bullets!!
<font color="blue">Are you speaking of the heavier than 250gr 338s or all 338s? I went through a box of the 252 RBBTs, did measuring/sorting/etc. and found it didn't make any difference. They all, run of the box so to speak, outshot any other bullet I tested in that 338 Winny. </font>

They really need to keep those ugly pics of that **** Montana boy off the web site though, BAD FOR BUSINESS!!
<font color="blue">You mean there was a person in those pics? All I noticed was the important stuff, a rifle and a dead animal. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

D-A,

Yes he has played with it. Actually showed me some last time I was in his shop. The only thing is that they are EXTREMELY cost prohibative. TO the point that it was just not practical to do.

Richard may be willing to work with you on a specific order for bullets, I don;t know for sure. It is a hell of an idea for gaining weight in a short bullet. Not real good for adding BC though.

What you can do though is get a heavier bullet to higher velocities because of the shorter baring surface of the Tungsten core bullets. This adds energy but still does not really offer much advantage as far as BC is concerned.

Drop Richard a line and see what he thinks, I can tell you it will be spendy!!! Be patient with a reply from him, he is currently up to his ears calving for a friend.

Kirby Allen(50)

Roy,

No he was having problems with his heavies in 338. I don;t think he has had much trouble with the shorter ones but I think all the ULD RBBTs are built using the same dies, not sure on that but thats how I think it is. Its the ULD nose die that is raising heck with the bullets I believe.

Yes, they would have been better pics had there ONLY been a rifle and dead animal in the pics!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

" They really need to keep those ugly pics of that **** Montana boy off the web site though, BAD FOR BUSINESS!! "

Now Kirby, I told you I was just kiddin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The pix are great

The 6mm die is kinda in the same boat but like you said it's a good thing Richard has a stubborn streak cuz we will benefit from that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Now , your break is over , get on back to working on them guns
001_medium-smiley-081.gif
Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.