• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wild Rangefinders

For the guys in the NE, the PA 1000 World Open is 11-12 July at Williamsport PA (Trout Run really) and there is normally at least a couple Barrs and Stroud Range finders and sets of Big Eyes for sale.

BH
Hello, new member here, how do the Barr& Stroud's compare in size and wgt.?,also price,and rangeing field. Thanks.

LMK, New member here, joined 30 min. ago. Would like to have more info on the Wild rangefinders. Are they still available? What is the model number?, Approximateweight.Have any pics? What brand is the British?,and same info on it. Thanks

To Takeaim1st, the Barr and Stroud is a copy of the Wild so there is no difference in dimensions or function. They have a slightly different window through the viewfinder. I have one and it also seems to be an excellent optical instrument that would cost a fortune to manufacture today.

I have been out of town for a week and have a few private messages to respond to but wanted to re-post these as they are still available.

FYI, I also have a smaller British unit but it is not for sale. I am not sure who manufactured it as the nameplate is badly worn but it seems to be as accurate as the Wild and B&S units that I have.

I have collected a few of these (there are excellent Russian versions as well) as they are very interesting examples of some real craftmanship.