Wild Paint Job for 300 Wthby

Kevin Cram

I finally got this stock job all finished up and man is it WILD. The customer started out with a very plain looking hand carved walnut stock from back in the late 70's. He said the gun shot pretty good but wanted the wow factor when he pulled it out. He decided he wanted the barrel polished, rifle pillar bedded and a neon yellow with black tiger stripes design. Since the stock was hand carved, alot of contours and its age I had a ton of time sanding and filling in the grain of the wood for a smooth finish. After several months of tinkering on it I finally re-assembled it last night and it definitely has the WOW FACTOR now.

Hope you enjoy

ToddHendrickson300Weatherby1.jpg

ToddHendrickson300Weatherby2.jpg

ToddHendrickson300Weatherby3.jpg

ToddHendrickson300Weatherby4.jpg

ToddHendrickson300Weatherby5.jpg

My wife said that is a cool looking rifle. But then she has a Pink rifle with blue polar bears and blue moose in crackle. - Thumbs up from me on your creativeness !

I can't tell for sure what it is. There are no markings on the receiver anywhere, and it doesn't look like it was ever re-finished. It looks like my old P14 but the bolt handle is different. I rarely work with these older bolt actions, so I'm not 100% on the model.

Appears to be a 1917. I know a guy with a stock similar to that that is just sitting around.... maybe I should get it from him.......Hmmmm....

Nice looking rig!

At least it's something different from an all black gun. I cant stand black guns I paint all mine. I haven't mastered digital camo yet :( So I just use grass and sticks to make my own camo pattern.

223206_10150191600383498_823178497_6894021_3808384_n.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.