Wichita, KS gunsmith

ohnomrbillk

I'm moving to Wichita this summer.

I've always been blessed with a good smith in my local area. In western Kansas, I apprenticed under my smith who also taught metals at the local college.

I moved to Kansas City, and have GA Precision less than 5 minutes away.

Anyone you would recommend in the Wichita area?

Thanks for the help

I see no reply's so am assuming you did not get any PM's either. Hope you hear something as I am curious also. Who were you using in Western KS? Based on your last name I was wondering if you call Western KS, Hays or WaKeeney?

I see no reply's so am assuming you did not get any PM's either. Hope you hear something as I am curious also. Who were you using in Western KS? Based on your last name I was wondering if you call Western KS, Hays or WaKeeney?

IDbound,

You are correct in several matters. I have yet to hear anything.

I grew up in Hays. My wife is from Oakley and Grainfield.

I apprenticed under Robert Mordini at FHSU, but he has since moved back to Minnesota. I've done a few things with Willie Fraze, and have had good results there as well.

Where are you at? To know a last name like mine, you had to have some connection to my old stomping ground.

which Gun Smith did you use in KC?
there is a few up here but most get bad press.

James Greer in Gardner,KS. He had a shop in Garden City while he was here building custom 1911s. Then he move to Gardner with his job and I think has been so busy he never set up shop again. If you can find his number and get a hold of him, he would do good work.

which Gun Smith did you use in KC?
there is a few up here but most get bad press.

GA Precision, Badger Ordinance, and Manner's stocks are all in North Kansas City.

I utilized services from all three, but GA did the far majority of the commercial work.

I have a very good friend just South of the metro in rural Harrisonville that does some of the finest rifle work I have ever seen. He gets my vote. That said, he works out of his home workshop, and does this as a side hobby. It is not his primary business. In my opinion, that is superior to the big shops because he is generally just working on a few things at once instead of hundreds of rifles.

If you need his contact info, feel free to PM me, and I'll get you set up with him.

My name is Logan Prideaux and i am originally from Atwood. Have lived in Wichita for 6 yrs now. Still have all my gun work done back in Atwood. But the Bullseye shooting range and the Goddard Gunnery i believe both do gun work. Nice to hear of another nwks person in the area. Hit me up if you have any other questions about shooting and Wichita.

I have several rifles that I had built by Flint Hills Gun Works who just moved to Manhattan KS. John, the owner, is actually building me a 270 right now. All his rifles have shot well and his work has been good. He built his brother a 30" 264WM that I have shot before, it is a true tack driver with 140gr Bergers at great velocity. He is familiar with long range shooting and is a dealer for Huskemaw, Vortex, and Leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.