WI F-class State Champion.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Coyboy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Jon Dunbar won this 2 day event last week-end with a rifle I barreled and trued.
    Wind on sunday was gusting to over 20mph. He spanked me, (shooting with my 6mm), but I'm happy to lose to such a fun character.

Here is the story;
    AccurateShooter.com Daily Bulletin

2. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

Congrats to both of you. I'm shooting f-class for the first time this weekend. I heard they serve "humble Pie" by the truck load at these events.

3. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

awesome Jim! how often are there f-class matches in WI?

4. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

J, The best advice I can tell you is to ask the older/experieced guys questions, they love to help out. Bob Mead shot on my relay Sunday, and I learned a ton from watching him. I was the last guy to shoot on the final match, and I was clearly not in contention. He scored and spotted for me and I learned a ton about shooting in wind during a comp. He coached me a bit about my set-up/rest and bag, so that I could use them to their potential.

Before this match I just showed up and shot, had fun, now I'm looking at it as how can I improve. I learned my 243ai is a 800 yard and under gun on windy days. I'll fix that!

5. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Matt, they are at least a couple a month, Lodi, Eau-claire, Lacrosse, Racine all have matches. If the match says Palma they are also shooting f-class at the same time.

Wisconsin Rifle and Pistol Association - Wisconsin's NRA State Association

go here and click on shooting events and you will see a long list of matches.

6. britz

britz Well-Known Member

loosing to a rifle you built isn't so bad is it lol! hey, could have been worse :)

7. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member

Cowboy, that's a pat on the back to you for helping make such a fine rifle.
    I checked out your website and now I have an itch for a new build. I'm selling one of my houses this week so I should be contacting you shortly.

Ain't this website great! I've learned so much lurking around the forum.
    Chuck.