Why was warning thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyroducksx3

There was a thread started recently warning people to avoid a smith that I just noticed was deleted. Why would this thread be removed? He had other people that posted that had difficult dealings as well so it seems that there was some merit to his statement. I would think if there was a smith out there taking money from people especially a sponser we should be able to inform the masses so we don't get taken advantage of.

I've seen it posted on another forum. They have not removed it yet. I was looking at the afore mentioned smith last year when I was planning my .338 Edge build. Good thing I went with Center Shot Rifles...... well before he sold his bisiness.

There was a thread started recently warning people to avoid a smith that I just noticed was deleted. Why would this thread be removed? He had other people that posted that had difficult dealings as well so it seems that there was some merit to his statement. I would think if there was a smith out there taking money from people especially a sponser we should be able to inform the masses so we don't get taken advantage of.

I have to agree with this. Although Len has a responsibility to his sponsors, he has even more responsibility to all of us. Allowing sponsors on this site who might take advantage of forum members is never going to do anyone any good, no matter the money it might cost Len in the end... My two cents at least.

Interesting, I found Deadly Precision on this site as a sponsor. I made my post to tell my story only after I read the post where someone had a bad experience and then someone else called the report into question.

I am not holding this website liable for the actions of Lorenzo! I intend to pursue him outside of this forum.. Now that five of your members have contacted me to say they have had the same experience I think it is necessary to report consumer fraud to the state's attorney.

I was just trying to save someone else the heartache. Luckily I can afford the loss but this would be devastating to someone who saved for years to have a custom rifle. Sorry if I offended.

I agree with pyroducks.... after all , this is a discussion forum, just as if we were sitting around a campfire somewhere right? the bad as well as the good needs to be discussed. where is the litigation concern? this individual is fully capable of coming on the forum and defending himself if he chooses. I think the agrieved party here is well within his rights and I am thankful he did what he did.

If I were Len, I would not want someone as a sponser on my forum that was doing business this way. AJ

I don't think it's a question of liability for the site. Litigious matters are two sided and often ugly, like a divorce. The last guy that posted a similar thread (almost identical) about the same person was chastised by quite a few members as a troll etc... Now, apparently, where there's smoke, there's fire. Remember all the coaches and media who at first defended Jerry Sanduski and tore his accuser a new one, claiming he was a money grubber? Turns out that just because you know a persons name and a little about their business it doesn't mean you really know them. Reciprocally, if the accusations are without merit, which also happens, that guy has had food taken off his family's table. Either way, depending upon the site, it may not be what they're sell'in and just don't want it. Len's site, Len's rules.

Please read the rules.

I am not a judge, I don't want to be a judge. I don't want my site to be a contentious court house. So all of this type of postings are not allowed.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.