Who wants to write an article on Antelope Hunting

Well, from my limited experience and the guidance of several cranky old men, if you have the means and stamina. The best way is to scout out your buck, bring a sleeping bag and put em' to bed and shoot em' at first light. Antelope are diurnal and won't go anywhere during the night unless pushed hard by yotes'. If you camp on thier bedding site and sneak to within rifle range before daybreak, you should get a shot at first legal shooting light.

Do we screen for all the loud snoring hunters I have heard in hunting camp through the years? What about all those dessert rattlers? Your right if you don't snore to loud and don't mind a rattler snugling up to you on the cool dessert nights. I took a realy nice buck off a waterhole one time by spending the night in my blind. He watered early and no way to ambush him without spending the night in there. Just never heard of anyone else doing that. You have a very good point for people dedicated to getting a particular animal.

Hey, very interesting but you guys are off topic...."Who wants to write an article..." :p :)

LTLR, thanks.

Well, we are just starting on "How-to" antelope hunting articles so I would say I am quite open to exact topic.

Whoops, I didn't answer the other questions. I guess about 1,000 word minimum. No deadline, but I always like to have a tentative schedule for planning the monthly issues.

Last edited:
LTLR, thanks.

Well, we are just starting on "How-to" antelope hunting articles so I would say I am quite open to exact topic.

Whoops, I didn't answer the other questions. I guess about 1,000 word minimum. No deadline, but I always like to have a tentative schedule for planning the monthly issues.

Len, you ought to get Ernie (xphunter) to submit his article "crawling for antelope" it is a great article.
nmhunter

Doublezranch does quite a lot of antelope hunting and he takes his kids also so it would be interesting if he would. he also has lots of pictures of the hunts.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.