Who says 300 RUM barrel life is short??? And man is cold out there!

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
Man was it cold out on the range today. It was a whopping +1 degree F. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I hit the 500 round mark today and this baby still shoots good. Hopefully I will still get another 500-1000 shots before she goes completely useless. These are not the best groups this rifle has shot, but they arent bad esspecialy after it is supposedly 1/2+ shot out. The first group measured 1.301" and the second was 1.049". Both 3 shot groups at 300 yards, 178 AMAX infront of 95 and 100 grains of H-50BMG. Velocity for 100 grains is about 3200 FPS.

I tried the 180 BARNES MRX today also. What a joke. This rifle has never shot any loads (including during load development) much over 1 MOA and these peices of crap shot a whopping 7"!! What the he!!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Needless to say, I wont be shooting them again. They also cost over a buck apiece. OUCH!

457576.JPG

457577.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.