who makes the best scope leveler

longshotjimmy

I'm looking for a device to fix on my MK4 scope to tell me when I'm holding it level for the longer shots, I want something basic and compact. I have a nightforce angle degree indicator, do nightforce or any other high qulity manufactures make scope levels.gun):eek:

I've had em all, including USOs. My favorite is the 'SCOPELEVEL'.
-It's the only level I can see from shooting position, just prior to trigger pull
-It's light
-it's bright
-mounts with it's folding ringset onto my scopes, so I can swap scopes(which I do)
-not one has let me down, even after years of use

US optics anti cant devices look pretty solid, just had a look at the "scopelevel" website, it looks cheaper, not as solid or well built?​

Last edited:
The USO ones are definitely made to withstand much more abuse, but for what some of us do, the cheaper scopelevel would work fine.

Its going on a sendero sf II 7mm Rum with leupold MK4 6.5-20x50 TMR scope in nightiforce titanium mounts, at this stage I'm leaning towards the USOptics. Has anyone used there folding level?

I have 3 of them. Very well built. Tough as nails. Have 2 folding and one fixed. Never had a problem with them. Good stuff.

I'm close to springing for the folding USoptics model, waiting for a response from a vender so I can compare his price to others.

I have the B Suqare level which is aluminum and attaches to a weaver/picatinny base. I am happy with it so far. Unobtrusive and tougher than the plastic ones.

Who makes the best one? It might be one of these

Micro-Level Features

microlevel.gif

I'll know pretty soon cause I ordered one about a week ago. What can I say, I'm a gadget freak!

I have a couple of these

highresimage.jpg

and they look pretty good on a scope

DSCN0405.jpg

but you have to raise your head to see the bubble. Works to train you to shoot with the reticles level and would help if you had time to set up a shot in the field.

I'm not sure about one that would be bulkier like the scoplevel or stick out like the USOptics. Might snag something and would be hard to case.

Longshotjimmy,
The advantage of the folding one is that you can fold it in againt the scope base and dont snag it on branch, weeds, grass, etc. The fixed version remains at 90 degrees to the weapon and does seem to snag on everything. The bubble itself is protected with a screw on cap on both models. I Can post pics if you need some.

Just my .02

I like the Sinclair. You can see it with your non-dominant eye and that way is quick to check.

Seems pretty robust too.

Keep in mind folks, you're supposed to actually look at it just prior to trigger pull. That is, with cheek weld and eye relief set..
I have each of the USOs. Definitely Hollywood. But they are dark, and they do not allow for effective use in the field.

In fact most levels on the market require you to reposition your head just to see them. Last thing you need to do..
Look at the pictures above, and tell me how you're going to actually use these prior to releasing the shot.
Think about it

Last edited:
I use my USO in the field and at the bench with no problems. I never have to adjust cheek weld and keep my eye relief set. I just open my left eye verify there is no cant and squeeze. I have never had a problem seeing my USO. If it is to dark for me see it then its probably to dark for me to legally shoot my animal.

I agree the tube mount Anti-cant devices are a PIA and most you have to move from your position to verify there is no cant. Some of these also limit the view to your turrets so your position must be changed to dial elevation.

In the picture above I believe the only Anti-cant device that is operational is the ring mounted device. The other ones in this picture are used to install the scope, not for shooting purposes.

Just my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.