who makes the best muzzle break ?

pdbsa

i want to outfit my guns with muzzle breaks but i don't know who is best. My friends say JP ent. breaks are the best but i think they like just because of the way it looks. so anyways please help me out if you can.

The JP brakes are probably in the top few that rank and the most effective , but they are big and some folks don't like the way they look. I had instaled a JP Enterprises Bennie Cooley brake on my dads 300RUM and it was very effective , I can't honestly say it was better than the Holland but it worked well.
Hollands QD brake is a good one that alot of smiths use and I have also heard alot of good things about the OPS inc brake. All of the above mentiond brakes work well and are not ported on the bottom so their isin't near as much dirt kicked up at the shot. If dust printing is not a problem for you then the Vais brakes work realy well also and arn't quite as loud but they still make for one hell of a blast over an unbraked gun.

JDJones, Are the bennie cooley brakes as effective as Jp's normal brake? I haven't tried their bennie cooley brake but I have tried thier normal brake and love it. Make sure you have ear protection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

screech , I haven't given the standard JP brake a honest heads up compairison with any other brake so saying yes or no wouldbe miss leading.
BUT , the desgine says that the standard JP brake would be more effective than the Bennie Cooley as it has alot more surface area to catch and divert the gas.
I can say however that the Bennie cooley brake turned a 10lb 300RUM into a total ***** cat at the bench.

I have heard that the OPS inc. brake is just as effective maybe a little more than the Holland and Bennie Cooley. I know a guys that tested several brakes on a 10lb ish 300Ackley and he liked the OPS brake the best for recoil and noise , I thought it was **** loud

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.