Who makes replacement barrels for a Sako 75?

dougduey

Hey guys, I'm going to need to rebarrel my Sako 75 in 300 WSM in the near future. I really can't find much info on who makes barrels for the Sako 75 model. When I put a prefit Proof in my Tikka, I noticed it has markings on the barrel for Tikka/Sako 85. Would this be the same threading as the Sako 75??
I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Doug

DOUG -
Not sure but would not be surprised if one of the techs at Mcmillian stock can assist you with that question. They seem quite fluent in SAKO actions. I have purchased their stocks for two different model 85s and a vintage L61. They ask several questions on SAKO actions and offer their time to explain the different details including barrel specs.

DOUG -
Not sure but would not be surprised if one of the techs at Mcmillian stock can assist you with that question. They seem quite fluent in SAKO actions. I have purchased their stocks for two different model 85s and a vintage L61. They ask several questions on SAKO actions and offer their time to explain the different details including barrel specs.
Thanks for the reply. I never thought of talking to McMillan. I have a custom stock they built for this Sako, so I'll give them a shout. You'd think it would be easier to find out who makes a replacement barrel for it.

Any replacement barrel you buy will need to be chambered and headspaced by a gunsmith. Here is a smith who specializes in Sako/Tikka. Call him at 800-666-SAKO(7256)

Accuflite Arms.com

Any replacement barrel you buy will need to be chambered and headspaced by a gunsmith. Here is a smith who specializes in Sako/Tikka. Call him at 800-666-SAKO(7256)

Accuflite Arms.com
Thank you very much!!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Tim Roberts (Moon) at Crescent Custom did my TRG-S barrel (used a Bartlein).
I've gotten barrels for my TRG-22 from several folks
American Precision Arms/Jerrod Joplin (used a Broughton)
PVA/Josh Kunz (used Hawk Hill and his in house line of Rock Creek)
Bugholes/Southern Precision Rifles/Greg Young (used a Bartlein)

In the case of all these, I've sent my action for at least the first barrel.

I haven't used GAP or SAC for any work on my Sako's but I've seen on other folks posts they did TRG or TRG-S work as well in the past.

I'm sure any of these shops could work on a Sako 75 just as easily.

Thank you
Tim Roberts (Moon) at Crescent Custom did my TRG-S barrel (used a Bartlein).
I've gotten barrels for my TRG-22 from several folks
American Precision Arms/Jerrod Joplin (used a Broughton)
PVA/Josh Kunz (used Hawk Hill and his in house line of Rock Creek)
Bugholes/Southern Precision Rifles/Greg Young (used a Bartlein)

In the case of all these, I've sent my action for at least the first barrel.

I haven't used GAP or SAC for any work on my Sako's but I've seen on other folks posts they did TRG or TRG-S work as well in the past.

I'm sure any of these shops could work on a Sako 75 just as easily.
Thank you!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.