Who makes quality scopes with one inch per click elevation ?

kidcoltoutlaw

Also with illumined reticle ? 4 clicks per inch is just to much clicking to keep up with. I love my Nightforce NPR2 I can shoot to 1000 or more and never touch the scope adjustments. I would love to have that, but at less than the 1650.00 it sells for. How is the mil dot is it easy to use as hold over points. I have the Perry systems program and I can run it in mil dots. Just how hard is it to hold 6 7/8 mils for example ? I don't need it for range finding only hold over,

Thanks,Keith

If you want to use Mills for hold over,get the turrets that adjust in .1 of a mill and on the sixth mill and dial the rest....
Why would you count all of the MOA 1/4 clicks anyway..Why not turn the 11 MOA ( instead of counting 44 clicks) and then go from 1/4 to 3/4 MOA and only count 3 clicks

I've got a NF and wish it had 1/8 moa clicks instead of 1/4 moa clicks. My software is set to show MOA not total clicks and when dialing I just ignore the clicks and count the MOA increments and then worry about the 1/4 moa clicks when I get to the end of the dialing. But.......to each his own. I'd think though, that there would be times at 1000 or more when having to move a minimum of 1 moa would be a pain in the butt. But, I guess whatever makes you happy is what you should have.:)

All of em' do, if it's a 4click per MOA, just shoot at 400yds and your elevations will all be 1inch per click, problem solved :)

I know that

That is why it's called .25 MOA scope and it sucks. I want a 1 MOA scope. If you shoot 600 then 7 then 4 then 3, I am stupid so I get lost. Then I have to turn the scope all the way down and count 133 or 33.25 turns still to much counting to get back on zero. M3 Leupold or Nightforce NPR2 is the way to go. How about a list of scopes that have M3 type adjustment meaning 1 MOA per click,

Thanks,Keith

Nightforce also makes one as shown in JWP's favorite picture: :D

NightforceAK-47.jpg

I don't know if non-LEO/Military can get it though.

Anyway, I'm not following what your problem is or how you're getting lost. Just dial to the number. Or are you saying once the dial has made more than one full revolution you loose track of which turn it's on? If that's the case a big knob like the EREK or new IOR where you can stay on a single turn might help.

You got it

after a complete turn I can't remember if I'm on turn 8 or turn 7 so I end up going all the way down and counting back up to get my zero back it's slow but it works. With my Nightforce NPR2 I just count down the hash marks and make the shot. With the NPR2 I zero off of the top hash mark and then I can go to 30 MOA and never need to put a click on the scope. OK so having a Nightforce made me dumb and lazy. I have to many guns to put a 1650.00 dollar NXS Nightforce on all of them. I will check out the ones you listed ,

Thanks,Keith

after a complete turn I can't remember if I'm on turn 8 or turn 7 so I end up going all the way down and counting back up to get my zero back it's slow but it works.
You do know those little lines on the stationary part of the turret are put there for a reason, don't you?

Shouldn't be any question as to what revolution you're on. If there is... heck you have ten fingers, right? You should be able to count to at least ten w/o any problem :D

Lordy, I hope you never use seating dies w/ micrometer tops (same style of marking), or god forbid, a vernier scale (okay, even I hate those things).

I have more problems w/ the R2 scale because there isn't really a distinction between '5' and '10' vs. '4' and '8'.

You do know those little lines on the stationary part of the turret are put there for a reason, don't you?

Shouldn't be any question as to what revolution you're on. If there is... heck you have ten fingers, right? You should be able to count to at least ten w/o any problem :D

Lordy, I hope you never use seating dies w/ micrometer tops (same style of marking), or god forbid, a vernier scale (okay, even I hate those things).

I have more problems w/ the R2 scale because there isn't really a distinction between '5' and '10' vs. '4' and '8'.

NPR-2.jpg

I meant R1... double the number of hash marks on the vertical plane. The get awful close together. Handy in the ability to hold off *exactly* 1 MOA, and 2 MOA wind hashes are actually useful, as opposed to 5 moa on the R2.

DSCF0670.jpg

I'd swear mine doesn't have the wider hash @ 10 MOA down, but I don't feel like going out and looking thru it ;)

popup02_wind_elev.jpg-417696605ed76

Anyway, you can see what I'm talking about here... look at the lines on the portion of the turret *under* the cap. Look at those numbers and lines. Should eliminate any confusion as to what turn you are on.

Holding over is all well and good, but holding over 14 minutes and holding left 6-3/4 minutes gets a bit tricky, shy of using a Horus reticle.

If you really can't wrap your mind around how to use a simple micrometer turret, maybe you would do better w/ a x-mas tree type reticle like the Horus.

I'm kind of on Kidoutlaw's side here. I can pretty much understand where he's coming from. I guess we're a very small subset of people who think like this but we do exist.

Tracking clicks just ain't what I'm used to and I have a lot of years under my belt. I never thought of using the upper 5 mil bar to sight in, though. I'm afraid that is a bit too much for me to track also.

I zero @ 300 (on the center) for the flat shooter and 350 for the rainbow. With the flat shooter 5 mils down puts me at 1200 yds, 950 for the rainbow gun.

I have no problem descerning tenths of a mill on big game. Its kind of a bracketing thing. The top and bottom of a mil dot is 0.1 mil from its center. A mil dot is o.2 mil in dia.. That leaves 0.8 mils space between them. This thinkin' works ok for big game but clicking is much better for smaller stuff like yotes.

However, the biggest problem is reticle in mils and turrets in moa.:rolleyes:

I can count to 10

and the lines are not on my Leupold VX 3 4.5-14 not every scope I own is a Nightforce if they were I would not have ask the question in the first place. In fact only my Nightforce has the lines none of my Leupold's have them. I see the caliber of members has changed,

Thanks,Keith

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.