Who makes one of the better front rests???

I have looked at them in the catalogs, but havn't had a testimonial. Thanks Tim.

If you say you're comming to the range this year, look up Frank Grappone. He sells a real nice windage top rest that's a school project. Real inexpensive with the labor cost and all being 0. His are under $200 sans bag. I got 2 and sold one to my brother. I'm not sure how many he gets per year, but he sold a pile of em. They are made by students at a technical school and are a real nice piece.

I am looking for opinions from the "big Dogs" on just what front rest is one of the better ones available. I would like to be able to use it for matches, as well as shooting out to 1000yds. Right now I use a 15" bull bag and rear bag, which works very well, but if/when I go to some matches this year, I will be needing a good front rest.

Please don't tell me about the Bear custom 2 piece rigs that are over $1000. If you do, I will invariably start to save for one
grin.gif

You can always try different rests at matches. You will even see them for sale there also. Most guys will let you try theirs. but basically it will probably be a Hart (have it modified with for the bearings), Sinclair or Bald eagle. Your choice on windage tops or not. Hoehn makes a great windage top as an add on for an mftr rest (adv in Precision shooting and on BR central)

Watch the classified ads on BR central and Xtremeaccuracy. Both have rests for sale all the time.

Get a cordura top and use silicone spray on it. Baby powder will gum up on damp days.

Try both the windage tops and non. If you are a "bag squeezer" you do not require a windage top, but they are nice.

Edgewood bags at [email protected] (505) 281-8994 builds some of the best custom leather and cordrua front and rear bags (in all colors) you can find. He has got a rear bag called the "Gator" that is about 10" long and the most stable rear bag on the market. He will email you photos.

PS Need to know is the dimension on bottom rear of your stock. You can order rear bags with 1,2, or 3 rows of stitching in between the ears depending on size of stock. That is critical as to how your gun will track during recoil. You want it smooth with zero bag disruption or movement. Edgewood knows and can talk you through it.

Good luck

BH

[ 03-13-2003: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.