Who Is That Guy

Buffalobob

Everybody at Quantico F-class wanted to know "who is that guy?" It was good to have a fellow LRH forum member win a match.

Funny thing was nobody wanted to know who his coach was and that hurt my feelins big time.:D

Not only that but I got a bad time on the way home for getting lube in the trigger assembly and causing Cynthia to lose several points from an erratic trigger pull. Sometimes you just got to resort to dirty tricks to win. I was very pleased with her. Every match she learns more and more. If I leave the scope dialed wrong she can find her way to the paper and she can tell the difference between a 2# trigger and one that is malfunctioning. If the wind will get constant she will give the X ring a really bad time even at 1K.

It was a good day and a lot of fun.

Match Results
Match 4

May 25th 2008

1.David Dye 6.5-284---------473 10x

2.Carlos Macaraeg 300wm----------466 5x

3.Mike Scherr 300wm --------------464 6x

4.D.T. 308 -----------------------------463 7x

5.Sean Little 308 -----------------456 7x

6.James Ventre 6br ------------------453 7x

7.David Conrath 308 -------------------452 3x

8.Steve Mullins 308 --------------------450 3x

9.Reg Armistead 7mm ---------------448 4x

10.George Ortiz 308 -----------------446 7x

11.Steve Pulaski 308 ----------------445 4x

12.Jim Collier 308 -------------------443 4x

13.Jason Couch 300wm -----------441 3x

14.Cynthia Collier 308 ------------436 6x

15.Luis Eljaiek 308 ------------------463 7x

16.Nate Gurnsey 6.5-284 -------------421 5x

17.John Peters 300wm ------------------399 4x

18.Fred Lucas 308 -----------------------397 1x

19.Phil Collier 308 ----------------------262 1x

20.Jim Hughes 300wm -------------------DNF

21.Mike Stein 308 -------------------------DNF

No Eddy, she beat me match before last.

The last match I spun the dial up one rev and that put her 10 MOA high at 800 yards and rattled her a little. That trick was worth about 2 or 3 points. I also put a Nosler case in amongst the Norma cases and she shot a 6 with that case and lost 4 points. That was just enough for me to beat her by 7 points. She noticed the bad case head and told me not to do that again. So this match I had to resort to gooing up the trigger in order to win.

I think next match I will drop the charge in about a third of her cases so they go subsonic before reaching the target. If anybody has any other good ideas please let me know because I am running out of tricks and she is getting better all the time.

A loose scope mount always makes things rough. So does a different primer.

I once watched someone load up someone else's mag with all different manufacture of ammo at a 50 ft. .22LR match. Talk about someone clueless as to what happened. By the way, this individual is used to normally shooting 30's all night long.

It was Buffalo Bob's article a while back about F-Class as training for the hunt, that attracted me to the "Modified" F-Class at Quantico. Being able to shoot with BB, AND his helpful hints to the newbie has been an absolute pleasure. I look forward to the next match.
Winning the second match I ever shot in is still unbelievable to me; it had to be a result of the absolutely superior coaching I received from BB.
Thanks Again BB
Dave:)gun)
Long Range Hunting - F-Class Competition As Training For The Hunt

HOLY COW......I missed this somehow. I guess it was a good thing because I needed a good laugh this morning.....but coffee is better going down, than out ones nostrils.

I am going to be up that way for my sisters wedding reception around July 26th got any matches near that time? I would love to come show yall how not to shoot f-class. Just watch what I do and do the opposite.

No Eddy, she beat me match before last.

The last match I spun the dial up one rev and that put her 10 MOA high at 800 yards and rattled her a little. That trick was worth about 2 or 3 points. I also put a Nosler case in amongst the Norma cases and she shot a 6 with that case and lost 4 points. That was just enough for me to beat her by 7 points. She noticed the bad case head and told me not to do that again. So this match I had to resort to gooing up the trigger in order to win.

I think next match I will drop the charge in about a third of her cases so they go subsonic before reaching the target. If anybody has any other good ideas please let me know because I am running out of tricks and she is getting better all the time.

BTW if your using a bushing die just .001 neck diamater can make a world of difference....unexplained flyers that will drive you crazy. It could take her several weeks to figure that one out:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts