Who is Phil Shoemaker???

Dunno but he is trying to get hunters fight each other. And he is failing.

This article keeps haunting me. I just read it in another thread here... sometimes it seems that some gun writers are the worst anti-hunters on earth. Pro-gun control, so "humane" and "ethical" I doubt if Phil hunts at all?.

Well,couldn´t care less. I still trust on individual human beings ability to judge things by themselves.

Hey Boyd,

Hope this finds you well. Hunters with little skill gloat over writers like that gentlemen. Somehow through his writing they feel more secure in their lack of skills.

All I can say is go get him tiger!

Regards, Vern

It seems to me that Phil's article was penned from a lofty height, e.g., self elevated Kingship.

The tone implies that he, and others of his ilk, are the ones with 'real' hunting experience, therefore, they must educate the masses who do not possess such skill and field wisdom.

A direct slam to LR hunting, to be sure, but I don't like his attitude towards hunters in general.

Methinks the point on his pen is not the only peak in close proximity....

He is supposed to be a guide in Alaska. A friend checked into hunting bears with him. I beleive it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $14K for a coastal Brown Bear hunt.

I think his idea of LR is about 20 yards and closing fast
grin.gif

Take care,

CC

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Over the years I have witnessed dozens of these self-proclaimed expert, long-distance marksmen who struggle to hold three shots within a 5- or 6-inch circle at 100 yards from a benchrest. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This remark must be an outright lie.I personally dont know anyone that shoots that bad that would sit at a bench and demonstrate it for the guide.Obliously trying to further his agenda.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.