Who is from Wisconsin!

Sounds like you had a good season Randy, may-be one of the few in the state that did. Welcome to the site.

Randy,
If you're looking for a good smith to do that 300 RUM, Coyboy easily fits into that category... Very concientious and builds a good rig.

HI

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself, i am infact in northern Door County, i grew up in central WI and transplanted myself into teaching high school in Fish Creek. If i may ask is there a 500+ range in or around the green bay area? i belong to a club that will get rifle shooters to about 180yds, and i would like to go farther.

Thanks

HI

I just wanted to stop in and introduce myself, i am infact in northern Door County, i grew up in central WI and transplanted myself into teaching high school in Fish Creek. If i may ask is there a 500+ range in or around the green bay area? i belong to a club that will get rifle shooters to about 180yds, and i would like to go farther.

Thanks

Shioctin goes to 500 yards: Village of Shiocton

I shot at Shioctin a few weeks ago, I'd bring a fourwheeler if you can! pretty Nice place, we had the 500 yard range all to ourselves...

Hi. I am not from Wisconsin but currently I am liveing in North Central Wisconsin near Glidden. I have lived here for 2.5 years. I lived all over the West and that is where I do a vast majority of my hunting. I was born and raised in Nebraska so I go back there frequently to hunt. I have hunted WI a bit, but I expect to really tear into it in the 2010 season as I have 3 hunts lined up west of here for 2009.

New member - I'm located in Rock County about 20 minutes south of Madison. Homestead is off the beaten path and I can shoot up to 400 yrds on my own property. Been a shooter and hunter most of my life. Can't explain it, but all of a sudden I decided to take all of the guns out of the vault and shoot the heck out of them. Been spending lots of money on ammo, scopes, triggers and generally refurbishing all my firearms. I've been having a ball doing it.

Shot up more than a thousand rounds, most of it was 25 years old, and was shocked at how much ammo prices have gone up.. Now I'm trying to put together l reloading rig. I like the Hornady progressive press and most of their accessories. However, I'm thinking I want to use Redding dies instead of Hornady. Don't know much about reloading, but I'm willing to jump in and learn. Other than my rimfires, .223, 5.56, .308 .300 WM and .45 ACP is where I'm at. Ooops... forgot that I have an Old Reliable 45/70, but I think I may sell it.

Lastly, I would like to hook up with a full service smith (Rem 700; Savage 110; AR-10; AR-15 and 1911) that's nearby.

Thats all for now:):)

My wife is from Wisconsin , go back there at least yearly. Its a beautiful place. Been to visit Brux barrels in Lodi and Mike Rocks shop over in Albany....nice folks.
If the rest of the state had a brain they would build a high wall around Madison .

Thats funny. I live in Madison and despise every second of it. I'll be darned if my son will go to school here in Madison. I have relatives north by Antigo/Lakewood/Wabeno area. I hunted there 2 years ago and didn't see anything worth a shot. My step brother and I keep hammering the public area aound Stoughton and Oregon. You'd be surprised some of the bucks we've kicked up in there.

BTW: Anyone that lives somewhat close lookiong for someone to shoot with, I just completed my long range rifle and need to shoot. Let me know via pm or email if you want to get together.

Welcome to LRH Cheddar. Lots of great people here.
I have in laws ne of Antigo and do some coyote hunting there and around White Lake area with a buddy that lives there.
If you're not busy Sunday we have a handgun silhouette match starting at 9am at my club, all are welcome. dbcl.org got it right this time. ;-)
BTW is your dad BA or president of 159?

I beleive he is pres. Mark Hoffmann is his name. He is always flying to Wash D.C. and Michigan for work.

I've watched my great great uncle call in yotes from forever away up there. It's so quiet you can hear them and the wind, thats it!

I have only done civillian combat courses at Deerfield, I'm afraid I'm not much for distance shooting with the handgun. 10-20 feet is about it for me. The sight(Heine straight 8's) are horrible for distance as well.

Spook and Chedar,

Ditto on your views about Madison. For years I've been telling people there is a bubble over the city and they breath some kind of weird air.

It's good to know their are like minded people in the area. All we have to do is convince everyone else.

DreamMaker,

You must be just up the road from me, I'm on the north edge of Janesville, just inside the city limits unfortunately. I'm no reloading expert only been at it a handful of years(rifle only) but if you need to kick something around let me know and I'll PM you my number.

Chris

DreamMaker,

You must be just up the road from me, I'm on the north edge of Janesville, just inside the city limits unfortunately. I'm no reloading expert only been at it a handful of years(rifle only) but if you need to kick something around let me know and I'll PM you my number.

Chris

Chris,

We're not more than 20 miles apart. I'm getting my equipment list together (Reddiing match dies; Layman case prep/care and Hornady powder measurement) so I can design my reloading bench. For now I'll be using a Rockchucker I've had for years. I plan on adding a Hornady LnL progressive eventually. The reloading bench has to be self contained, moveable and ergonomic. All the equiment in my shop is set up that way and it works for me.

If you have something on that order, I would love to see it.

John