Who Hunts Wyoming??

W

*WyoWhisper*

I see alot of guys on this board Hunt in Wyo. I was wondering what you hunt and where?

More specifically who hunts Wyoming without an outfitter? What was your success rate?

I am not so much interested in who hunts Elk.. but who hunts for Speed Goats (Antelope) and Deer ( Whitetail or Mulies)

I do have a method to my madness ( no I don't want to convince you to let me outfit you) I have a few projects in the works and I may just need some help....
wink.gif

Looking forward to the reply's

Thanks,

Ric

[ 10-24-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]

Ric

I have a good friend who is there hunting now.

He hunts out of Douglas where his daughter and son in Law lives. He is after goats and Mule deer as we speak.

He wanted me to help him out this year for the longrange hunting he will be doing but, I couldn't make it. He said he would try and get his Son in Law to help him spot.
He and I hunted about 6 years together in Colorado with much success. We also hunt together in PA every year.

Why are you asking about those hunting in Wyoming, if I may ask?

Later
DC
smile.gif

PS---He just sold his Ford (gas) and bought a Chevy (gas)
grin.gif
Maybe that's why I wouldn't hunt with him?
grin.gif

Ric

I've noticed that most on here go to Colorado to hunt and one of the reasons for that is, you can buy elk tags over the counter when they get there.
Lots of BLM (public)land to hunt on also.

Most hunters returning from there that I've talked to so far, have harvested their elk this year but, the weather was so hot they had to get to the butcher shop fast with the meat.

One group of 4 guys all got bull elk.
Just talked to another one last night and those 3 in his group all got bull elk.
I'm waiting to hear from Ray Romain as we speak.

I normally like to go in the 3 rd season when the temps start to drop a bit and more snow falls.

Later
DC
grin.gif

yup was in the 70's and 80's here until yesterday!!! I think my deer season is a bust!!!!

Ok I will admit it. I have hunted Deer near Sheridan and prairie dogs in the same aria. I have also hunted rock chucks in the Big Horn mountains. The fishing is excellent also.
We had good results with out an outfitter for weight tail deer and mules.
Crow Mag

I mailed my money in this year for a Wy.Elk hunt....$411.00....6 weeks later....They sent my money back.Got turned down...
mad.gif

Get the $610 tag Much Much better chance of a draw!!!! Trsut me on that one....

Wyo.,
I hunted with a small group of guys near Douglas, we were on a very large ranch and the owner took us out himself.

Hunt was for antelope, we saw a lot of bucks, managed to kill four with smokepoles. Best two were just a smidge under 14", and they were the best we saw in 2 1/2 days on the ranch. Saw about 100 or so bucks during the trip on his land, kazzilions on the neighbours.

Have shot much bigger antelope in NM and other places but we had a wonderful time, rut was peaked and great people. When I got home we went on a deer hunt and saw some very big antelope, as in 15"-16"+. No tags tho.

Sure enjoyed Wyoming, you live in a wonderful state.

I hunt WY for deer and goats usually every year on public land but i am ready to start paying for a guided hunt especially since my wife and daughter is now interested in hunting!

Wyoming is far and away THE state for speed goats. One could argue the mulie and elk hunting between a number of states until they were blue in the face, but there really is not other choice for Antelope.

I have a doe antelope tag for the northeast corner of the state. I have been so busy with hunts in Colorado I will likely eat the tag.

Just got back from my first Wyoming hunt (Mulie & Lope) it was a guided hunt.

But...If I new of public land or trespass fee hunting I would probably go that route.

What kind of unguided opportunities exist in Wyoming?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.