Who drew a tag in New Mexico?

lilharcher

After 3 years of nothing in NM, I finally drew a Unit 52 Elk tag.....muzzleloader Nov 7-11. Pretty stoked to hunt this new/foreign unit. Any info (PM is fine) is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing where others have drawn (all species)! Thx!

Don't know why the edit option never shows up for me......my hunt is Oct 7-11 (late rut), not in Nov.

From what I've read, there were over 190,000 applications for 89,000 combined big game tags. Both my hunting buddy and myself were not among the successful 89K applicants. I figured that the 3rd time's a charm......it wasn't.

First time putting in for New Mexico and put in for elk, mule deer and big horn.

Was successful on drawing my third choice for elk - unit 37. Dates are October 14th - 18th. I understand that there were around 30 tags for the unit with 2 going to non-residents.

Pumped up for the hunt..

Bryan

First time putting in for New Mexico and put in for elk, mule deer and big horn.

Was successful on drawing my third choice for elk - unit 37. Dates are October 14th - 18th. I understand that there were around 30 tags for the unit with 2 going to non-residents.

Pumped up for the hunt..

Bryan

After 3 years of nothing in NM, I finally drew a Unit 52 Elk tag.....muzzleloader Nov 7-11. Pretty stoked to hunt this new/foreign unit. Any info (PM is fine) is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing where others have drawn (all species)! Thx!

My dad and I drew 36 muzzleloader October 7-11

We drew unit 34 muzzle loader for the 2nd year in a row. My wife no believes me when I tell her it is a hard tag to get!

We drew unit 34 muzzle loader for the 2nd year in a row. My wife no believes me when I tell her it is a hard tag to get!

You need to play the power ball! Odds of 2 in a row are stupid low, like flipping a quarter and standing it on its edge twice in gravel.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts