Which would you buy first... Rangefinder or Binoculars?

For LRH, get laser ranging.
Leica's 7x to begin and your scope's power should be high enough to take it from there.
But you need accurate range info.

I would buy a pair of Leica Geovids and have both in one package. Probably be the last glass you will ever want to buy.
Buy once, cry once.

A old man once told me if you have 1k to spend on a rifle scope and binos spend $250 on a used rifle,$250 on a good used scope and $500 on a good pair of binos. His reasoning Was you only aim and fire your rifle mere seconds a hunting trip! you look through your scope only slightly more but you gaze through your binos for days on end. How does a rangefinder fit in to this I guess it depends on how far you are shooting , if it is less than 300yds. A rangefinder is not all that necessary, inside of 500yds I would not spend over $300 on a RF. Though get one with angle compensation.
Your binos are what will save your feet, you can glass a hill for game or walk it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.