Which trigger -timney -rifle basics etc.?

ol mike

I've tried to get the trigger tuned down to a decent pull weight on my 280ai rem 700 -ain't going to work.

So which aftermarket trigger for field use -i like a trigger around 1.5--2lbs. ?

Thanks -Mike

We just installed a Riflebasix LV1 (1 1/2 to 3 1/2 #) in a new 700 we had built. Shot ot today with it right on 1 1/2 pounds. I think it is a good trigger for the money and we have no complaints.

The rifle came new from the smith with a LV3 (2 oz to 6 oz.) used no less. Even though we ordered it with a 1 1/2 pound trigger. To top it off it would not reset some times and would drop the hammer while you were lifting the bolt. We caught this before we ever went to the range. Must have been something he had in a junk drawer.:rolleyes:

Jeff

IMO the Jewell is the way to go.

I had a rifle basix on my m700 6mmbr and had some problems with it after shooting it quite a bit.
When I fired the rifle the trigger would not reset occasionally, it stayed in the fired position.
I had to pull the stock off and flip the little lever you can see in the hole and then it would work for a while.

Even after fixing it a couple of times and cleaning it out really well it would screw up again. Not a big deal for shooting rodents but a major problem if that squirrel was attacking and you needed a follow up shot to stop the charge.

I shoot around 1500 rounds a year out of that rifle and think I might have just wore it out.

I know what you are talking about Squirrelduster. That is the lever that was screwing up in mine. It is used in the LV3 but not in the LV1. The LV1 with higher settings is a simpler mechanism and does not use that small lever.

No doubt the Jewel would be nice though.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.