Which trigger for my new build?

elmerdeer

Which one should I get, its for a Stiller predator action based on the Rem 700,This is what I am thinking, Jewell, Kepplinger single set, Canjar single set or Shillen. I want the trigger pull at 2lbs, and if it is a set trigger 2lbs regular and at set, 8oz. Which one would you guys recomend? The rifle is going to be 7mm Dakota, 26in 5R rockcreek barrel ss fluted No 4 contour, and a Mcmillan edge in Rem hunter.

Thanks
Elmer

Which one should I get, its for a Stiller predator action based on the Rem 700,This is what I am thinking, Jewell, Kepplinger single set, Canjar single set or Shillen. I want the trigger pull at 2lbs, and if it is a set trigger 2lbs regular and at set, 8oz. Which one would you guys recomend? The rifle is going to be 7mm Dakota, 26in 5R rockcreek barrel ss fluted No 4 contour, and a Mcmillan edge in Rem hunter.

Thanks
Elmer

Canjar ceased business this past September.

Go Jewell or Shilen.

I've had good luck with Rifle Basix triggers lately , I have their "Extended range Varmint Trigger" in my 260 now and its set at 8 oz and breaks as clean as the two Jewel triggers I've had in the past , I just don't think that guys believe that they can get a great trigger for $120.

I have no experiance with Shilen triggers but Jewell is still the #1 rated trigger in the target world , their must be a reason for that , though I think it has alot to do with their reputation.

Personaly I don't care for set triggers of any kind , I've tried two of them and never liked them , seems like to much their to go wrong and cause a head ache at the wrong time.

Triggers

I put a Kepplinger single set trigger on my Rem 700 last year and accuracy has improved. I think that 8 oz may be a little too light in hunting situations.

I agree with Mr. Jones, I've been using Rifle Basix triggers for several years now. Jewel is a great trigger also and not to down grade them but I've have had more problems with the Jewel than a Rifle Basix. I reccomend the Rifle Basix to several of my customers when looking to upgrade to a after market trigger without breaking the bank.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.