Which trigger for my new build?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by elmerdeer, Dec 11, 2007.

1. elmerdeer

elmerdeer Well-Known Member

Which one should I get, its for a Stiller predator action based on the Rem 700,This is what I am thinking, Jewell, Kepplinger single set, Canjar single set or Shillen. I want the trigger pull at 2lbs, and if it is a set trigger 2lbs regular and at set, 8oz. Which one would you guys recomend? The rifle is going to be 7mm Dakota, 26in 5R rockcreek barrel ss fluted No 4 contour, and a Mcmillan edge in Rem hunter.

Thanks
    Elmer

2. BHP9

BHP9 Well-Known Member

Canjar ceased business this past September.

Go Jewell or Shilen.

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with Rifle Basix triggers lately , I have their "Extended range Varmint Trigger" in my 260 now and its set at 8 oz and breaks as clean as the two Jewel triggers I've had in the past , I just don't think that guys believe that they can get a great trigger for $120.

I have no experiance with Shilen triggers but Jewell is still the #1 rated trigger in the target world , their must be a reason for that , though I think it has alot to do with their reputation.

Personaly I don't care for set triggers of any kind , I've tried two of them and never liked them , seems like to much their to go wrong and cause a head ache at the wrong time.

4. 257speed

257speed Well-Known Member

The Shilen is a great trigger, rifle basix are good too, but nothing compares to a Jewell

5. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

The Jewell is the Gold Standard.........

6. tjonh2001

tjonh2001 Well-Known Member

no comparison JEWELL, i have 2 timmney and 1 shillan they are better than factiry, 1 jewell set 1lb no comparison

7. KILLADEAUX

KILLADEAUX Active Member

Triggers

I put a Kepplinger single set trigger on my Rem 700 last year and accuracy has improved. I think that 8 oz may be a little too light in hunting situations.

8. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

I agree with Mr. Jones, I've been using Rifle Basix triggers for several years now. Jewel is a great trigger also and not to down grade them but I've have had more problems with the Jewel than a Rifle Basix. I reccomend the Rifle Basix to several of my customers when looking to upgrade to a after market trigger without breaking the bank.

9. SUNDEVIL

SUNDEVIL Well-Known Member

Love the Jewells! Timneys are ok too.

10. wildcat

wildcat Well-Known Member

Jewel Triggers are the best. My vote goes toward the Jewel.

W.