which stud is which?

alexkeyser

I just got my new rifle from rw hart and its pretty sweet. pics and more info. to follow once I get her scoped. but for now I just wanted to ask a stupid question. I ordered the mcmillan A-5 with the two studs installed on the forearm. I was just wondering how you guys set it up. I would like to install my versa-pod mount on one and sling on the other so I can remove either without affecting the other. I tried it both ways but just would like to hear your suggestions. thanks

If you have two studs you would probably want to put a bipod on the front and your sling on the rear. That way, if you sling it over your shoulder, the bipod won't dig into your shoulder.:):)

Last edited:
I hate to do this to you guys.

I have found that when I use the swivel closer to the action, the rifle is less sensitive to the recoil making easier it to shoot accurately. My Sendero 300 RUM also has two swivels, I have the bipod on the swivel closer to the action and does pretty good from prone position out to 1100+ yards. I got to say that it didn't bother my shoulder. Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts