which stud is which?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by alexkeyser, Sep 18, 2007.

1. alexkeyser

alexkeyser Well-Known Member

I just got my new rifle from rw hart and its pretty sweet. pics and more info. to follow once I get her scoped. but for now I just wanted to ask a stupid question. I ordered the mcmillan A-5 with the two studs installed on the forearm. I was just wondering how you guys set it up. I would like to install my versa-pod mount on one and sling on the other so I can remove either without affecting the other. I tried it both ways but just would like to hear your suggestions. thanks

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

If you have two studs you would probably want to put a bipod on the front and your sling on the rear. That way, if you sling it over your shoulder, the bipod won't dig into your shoulder.:):)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007

3. HeskethPritchard

HeskethPritchard Well-Known Member

+1 on that I just ordered my A5 with 2 studs and the front is for the bipod just as SS7 says.

4. alexkeyser

alexkeyser Well-Known Member

thanks guys, that seemed to make the most sense to me also

5. Eaglet

Eaglet Well-Known Member

I hate to do this to you guys.

I have found that when I use the swivel closer to the action, the rifle is less sensitive to the recoil making easier it to shoot accurately. My Sendero 300 RUM also has two swivels, I have the bipod on the swivel closer to the action and does pretty good from prone position out to 1100+ yards. I got to say that it didn't bother my shoulder. Good luck!