which smartphone for exbal

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by 308 nate, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 308 nate

308 nate Well-Known Member

I'm up for a new phone and want to upgrate to a phone I can put exbal on.
    What phone do you use and how well does it work on it.

Not real interested in palmpilots. I only want to carry one gadget.

thanks in advance

Nate

2. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Nate,

Exbal works perfectly on my ut startac, but think there are probably better options. I think exbal will work on anything that uses windows mobile. I found out I cant carry my camera phone on white sands missle range. So I decided to go double duty and do away with my gps. I bought a PDA with gps to run exbal.

3. 300rum

300rum Well-Known Member

Hi Nate,

I have exbal, on windows and os palm.
    Exbal will work fine on both, but be aware, the palm on windows come with lots of problems.
    Battery life shorter 2-3 days shorter then a os palm, windows feezing. (W6).

Chris

4. 308 nate

Just wanted to say thanks for all the input I got. I ended up getting a smart-phone XV6700. Exbal for the pocket p.c functions flawlessly on this phone. I am very impressed as this is my first dealings with a portable ballistic program. Exbal is definitely an awesome software.
    Thanks again,
    308nate

5. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

The more I use exbal the more I wonder how people did this with just drop charts:) I got busy and forgot to send payment for the brakes we talked about. End of last week was wild and it carried over. I appolagize glad I saw this post as it reminded me. It will go out tomorrow.

6. Coues Sniper

Coues Sniper Well-Known Member

308 Nate, is that a Verizon phone? I'm in the same boat you are (were), but i have AT&T. Anyone know of a phone they offer that runs exbal well? Like the Tilt?

7. 308 nate

Mine is a verizon, but I believe at&t sells a similar phone. Do a search on ebay . To my understanding It needs to be a pocket PC with either windows 5.0 or 6.0 phone and it needs to have a screen res.of 240 x 320. Not sure if this matters, but may need a screen size of 2.8" blackberry won't work.

nate

8. Coues Sniper

I did that (ebay search) and came up with only verizon. Looked on the AT&T website and it looks like the Tilt has all the requirements... Anyone use it with Exbal?

Thanks Nate :cool:

9. Coues Sniper

Anyone run exbal on a PDA phone from ATT??? :confused: