Which size bipods?

Okay, I got the Harris 6-9s, and was sighting in my new CZ550 Kevlar yesterday. It was my first experience shooting with the bipods, and I must say I'm a little frustrated. I couldn't get ANY consistency. The recoil was all over the place.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so any advice would be great. I finally pulled the **** things off and just shot from sandbags and finally started zeroing in, but not before I felt like throwing the whole shebang in the river. I've heard of others having this problem before and I assume its all technique since professional shooters don't seem to have this problem.

Can someone give me some tips to shooting from the bipods to help?

thanks.

I've had the same problem....... found that "loading" the bipod by placing forward pressure on it settled it down considerably........

Last edited:
bipod support

Okay, I got the Harris 6-9s, and was sighting in my new CZ550 Kevlar yesterday. It was my first experience shooting with the bipods, and I must say I'm a little frustrated. I couldn't get ANY consistency. The recoil was all over the place.

I'm pretty new to this stuff, so any advice would be great. I finally pulled the **** things off and just shot from sandbags and finally started zeroing in, but not before I felt like throwing the whole shebang in the river. I've heard of others having this problem before and I assume its all technique since professional shooters don't seem to have this problem.

Can someone give me some tips to shooting from the bipods to help?

thanks.
Make sure you have a good rear support...such as a good field bag or whatever...bipod shooting when fully supported is extremely acurate. Often when putting in enough time to practice you will get headaches or sore necks due to the position in which you must maintain your head...but get everything stable and you will be amazed at the accuracy potential...
30-338

+1 on 30-338 good rear support ( rabbit ear bag ) is a great help .

Also you don't say if you have the pivot model bi-pod , If you do watch the cant of the rifle.

Other than that ... consistancy of hold and loads

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.