Which scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by dragman, Mar 27, 2013.

1. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure I have it down to one scope for my latest hunting rig. I have one last hurtle before I make my move. I am gonna do a NF 5.5X22 I am just not sure if I want the zero stop or not???

I don't think that it is a MUST have for what I am doing but it would be nice to have, but it that worth the difference in $$$??

I also buy and sale a lot, will I get that difference back on the second hand market??
    any info is appriciated.

2. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

I recently bought a NXS 5.5-22x56. I did a lot of forum hunting and bought a gently used one. I ended up going ZS and am glad I did. I definitely don't need it, but it is a convenience feature that I use (and like).

In my search, it seems that the ZS holds most of its value on the used market. They generally run about $150 more than the non-ZS used (roughly). The HS turrets on newer models also command a premium over the older 10 MOA turrets.

I think you will be pleased with your new NF, ZS or not!

3. ultraedge

ultraedge Well-Known Member

The zero stop is worth every penny. Gary

4. cwinner

cwinner Well-Known Member

#1, a night force without a zero stop would be looked over by many when trying to re-sell. It that good!

5. JPayne6128

JPayne6128 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have never owned a NF without ZS, and would only consider a non ZS if the price was significantly lower.

6. dragman

Great info thanks, I am 99.99% fixed on my new scope.

7. dragman

Just mounted the new NF up, I am gonna zero her and try and set the zero stop at the range tonight.