which scope

lepjr

This is my first time posting a question on this web site. I just purchased a new rem 700 .270. I have narrowed my scope choice down to either a Burris Fullfield II 3x9x40 or a bushnell 3200 Elite 3x9x40. Which of the two scopes is the best scope.

Kick in some extra$$ and get a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40- long eye relief, quality glass and lots of adjustment- lifetime guarantee and IMHO a much better choice than either of the other two options. I think I bought mine for only about $459USD.

lepjr
I'd second the Conquest. I've looked through my friends sons 3200 elite and own 2 Conquests, they really are two different classes of scope.

My friend payed $199 for the 3x9x40 3200 at our local Gander Mt., I just checked E-bay and the 3x9x40 Conquest is going for $265 -$300 on a couple of auctions with about 9 hours left. You might want to check them out and see where they end at. IMHO it would be worth an extra $100-$125 for the Zeiss.
Chris

Lepjr,

Of the 2 mentioned, I would go with the Bushnell Elite 3200. I think that the optics are just as good or even slightly better than the Burris, plus the rainguard feature really works and is handy at times. Just to throw another one at you, I would highly consider the Nikon Buckmaster. Very nice scope for the money. Not knocking or anything Canadian, but you could have got the Zeiss for a cheaper price, about $50-$40 cheaper.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.