Which Scope Mounts?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by mark300, Jan 15, 2002.

1. mark300

mark300 Member

MR. King, In one of your threads you stated you rebarrelled a Sako TRG-S with a Hart 30" Barrell,
    what scope and mount system did you use, I want to rebarrell mine with a heavy barrell and I think I'll have a problem with my current mounts and scope(Leupold 6.5x20x50mm 1" tube) clearing the barrell.

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

That rifle is now owned by Matt who posts on this site. The scope was a Leupold 30mm tube 50mm objective European model (similar to the 30mm Long Range version now being offered but without side focus). The mounting system was standard Sako for the TRG-S if I recall correctly. The barrel was not an extremely heavy version.

That rifle is a real fine shooter, just over an inch at 300 yards was very common for that rifle.

3. jhendri2

jhendri2 Well-Known Member

Dave,

Do you know if anyone makes a custom stock for the TRG-S? As you know, the problem with finding one is the intragel (sp?) recoil lug and trigger guard. Any suggestions?

Jim

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I couldn't find one when I had the TRG-S. I called McMillan and several other and always got a dead-end.

I've heard rumors that they're available but have no first hand knowledge of this.

I prefer a heavy barrel and the barrel on the TRG-S I had was made to about the max the factory stock would allow.

5. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

6. Matt Regalia

Matt Regalia Well-Known Member

338Lapua,

I was just thinking about that same question. I would like to get another stock for the Trg-s too.

Mark300,

The muzzle on the rifle you were asking about measures .790 . I have not problems with the scope clearing. Yes, Dave you are correct it uses the stardard Sako/trg-s mounting system. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Matt