Which scope for .300 Win mag?

Litehiker

lightbulbI use a Browning A-Bolt in .300 Win Mag with a BOSS brake/harmonics controller.

Currently I'm using an older 3 - 12 Burris Black Diamond (30mm tube W/mil dot reticle and MOA adjustments).

BUT... I have a new 3.5 - 21 X50 Bushnell ERS with an H59 reticle and Zero Lok turrets. Everything is mil-mil. This is for my .300 Win mag HS Precision competition rifle.

I'm really tempted to mount the ERS on my Browning for hunting season. Actually the weight is almost the same but the ERS is a better scope with better glass and that great reticle. But changing back and forth is a PITA.

BTW, my rangefinding is done with new Bushnell 1 Mile ARC 10 X 42 binoculars with angle and ballistic compensation.

lightbulbI use a Browning A-Bolt in .300 Win Mag with a BOSS brake/harmonics controller.

Currently I'm using an older 3 - 12 Burris Black Diamond (30mm tube W/mil dot reticle and MOA adjustments).

BUT... I have a new 3.5 - 21 X50 Bushnell ERS with an H59 reticle and Zero Lok turrets. Everything is mil-mil. This is for my .300 Win mag HS Precision competition rifle.

I'm really tempted to mount the ERS on my Browning for hunting season. Actually the weight is almost the same but the ERS is a better scope with better glass and that great reticle. But changing back and forth is a PITA.

BTW, my rangefinding is done with new Bushnell 1 Mile ARC 10 X 42 binoculars with angle and ballistic compensation.

You answered your own question! lightbulb

Stop changing back and forth and avoid the PITA! :cool:

I would agree, mount the ERS.

You may also want to think about setting up both rifles with a tactical rail system using tactical rings. Makes switching scopes much easier.

Sight the scope in on one rifle and record the scope adjustments for zero. Then you can mount the scope on the other rifle, zero it where wanted and record what changes need to be made for that rifle.

That will allow you to pretty much mount the scope and make the adjustments for each and it will be darn close with no firing at all. You STILL need to confirm zero each time with live fire but you will be very close so it will greatly simplify changing scopes.

AHA! "Fifty...",

Thanks for the idea of a rail for my A-Bolt. There is P-rail on my HS Precision/Rem competition rifle. I can easily take off the Bushnell ERS because it's mounted with a Nightforce Unimount and put it on the Browning A-Bolt IF I can find a Picatinny rail for it.

Here's hoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.