Which one would you shoot? - snow geese

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
snow-bosque.jpg

Nice pic, subject and timing.

A great study of shapes and motion. Especially the second two from the upper right.?????

Also, the three or 4 birds, one bird below them are nearly exactly synchronized.

You've proved the point there there is uniformity in chaos.

I must really be weird:rolleyes:

BTW, brought a dead goose home once and did the cook it thing. Not very good.:D I'll stick to the pics.

pick one within your range and keep hammering him till it falls. don't shoot at one and then another and then another.

I would shoot the one closest to me, if I shot at all. I have been in a similar situation before and only watched the first time. There were 3 of us just awe struct by the moment. The second time my youngest son was in on leave from the Marines and we shot. Collected 9 geese in 6 shots, all snows. We watched for any other wounded geese, but none indicated. He still brings it up sometimes as the best goose hunting moment of his life. Out of 3 sons, he alone is the only one who has a real interest in the hunt and can shoot well enough to take advantage of such a situation. Great picture!!!!

The Flappin' Traveling Wilbury's. Sorry Dog, and the rest of you, couldn't resist.

I would shoot at the one on the left.

1kstr

Last edited:
"they all look the same does it really matter pa :confused:" that was my response when me and pa went out goose hunting.........LOL

nice pic!!!

Pick the closest one and drop him. I don't like to shoot at large flocks it is hard to focus on one bird at a a time. flock shooting doesn't work unless you are using a punt gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.