Which one of these two Slings?

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by Inukshuk, May 9, 2008.

1. Inukshuk

Inukshuk Well-Known Member

I already have a T.I.S. Quick Cuff sling but am also looking at the Turner All Weather Sling (AWS) Synthetic Biothane Sling M1907.
    The TIS that I have is great but would like your thoughts on the Turner one in comparing the two here.
    They are both for my hunting rifles and I shoot in all kinds of positions and practice long range precision, so far up to 700 yrds and eventually to 1,000 yrds I hope.

2. BHP9

BHP9 Well-Known Member

I use TIS slings which I'm pleased with but have no personal experience with the Turner AWS sling. A friend of mine bought one and is extremely happy with it with no problems.

When I first read about the AWS sling I first thought that the plastic would streatch - WRONG!

I don't thhink that you would go wrong with the Turner AWS sling.

3. Natty Bumpo

Natty Bumpo Well-Known Member

I have no experience with the T.I.S. sling, but have 2 of the Turner all-weather slings. I like 'em. The hooks stay hooked in position; something I can't say about one of my cheaper, leather slings. The biothane material is not at all slick, so the keepers do not slide real easily along it. I consider this a good thing.