which new firing pin to replace the j lock one

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigrich954rr, Oct 4, 2006.

1. bigrich954rr

bigrich954rr Well-Known Member

I want to replace the j lock on my remington 700 ss action. which one and where to buy from

2. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Try Sinclair Intl they have a percision unit that replaces the whols firing pin assembly. Other than that you could buy the parts from Brownells and then asemble it your self. The Sinclair unit also has a chrome silicon spring on it. I have 2 J Lock rifles and the triggers are OK for hunting so i have adjusted them down to a safe level and am living with it. I did contace Remington and they told me that i could purchase a replacement through a dealer at retail price. It is a shame they even designed them in the first place lets hope the new trigger system due this year is a better design

Cheers Bill
    Australia

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Brownells carries two differant ones to replace the ISS unit , one is a Remington made pin spring and rear shroud and the retail price is $48 dealer price is $38 the part number for these are as follows
    Stainless Short action - #767-000-064
    Stainless long action - #767-000-063

They also carry a unit made By Greg Tannel which in my oppinion is a much better replacement and well worth the few extra dollars and the bolt shrouds are made from aluminum. Retail price is $65 and dealer price is $49 the part numbers are as follows
    Silver Long action - #100-000-446
    Silver short action - #100-000-447

I have replaced all the factory rem firing pin assemblies with the Tannel units wether they had the J-lock or not