Which Leopold?

mnhntr

I have been debating which scope to put on the new rifle I am ordering. I was trying to decide between a Zeiss Conquest and a Leopold LRT. I know there are better scopes out there but not at the discount I can get one of these at. I am pretty set on the LR/T 10x40, but not sure if I want the M1 or M3. I know the M3 is or was the military standard.

The rifle it is going on is a Savage Predator in .260 rem with a 24in fluted heavy barrel. And the primary use is long range yote hunting, some deer hunting, and maybe an antelope every other year.

Please tell me which turrets you prefer and why?

Correct me if I am wrong but both are MOA adjustments. The M1 is 1/4 MOA adjustments in both wind and elev, and the M3 is 1 MOA elev and 1/2 MOA wind. What are the advantages and disavantages?

Your right, I was confused with the M5 that is in mills. I pferer the finer adjustments of th 1/4 minute dials. When your trying to hit at 1k, 2.5 inches is a lot easier to deal with than 5" per click. Again, personal preference.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.
I really would like the Zeiss w/Rapid Z800...I think it would be an awesome hunting setup.
I just can't make up my mind either.
So to add on to your post.
Folks with the Rapid Z800...how do you like it with a 7mmRM??
I have a naked Sendero that needs some glass this year!!!

I also looked at the Zeiss z800 however the reticle is in the second focal plane which means you have to range your target in max magnification and then you run into the differences in adjustment in differing magnification. I see the straight 10x to be the easiest to use.

I dont know about the M3 turrets calibration. If they are 1/2 and 1MOA I would rule the m3's out right away. That seems a little goofy to me. I have a 4.5-14 Mark 4 with M1 turrets and I like it alot. the only thing is I wish that they were a little more low profile.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.