which lenght bipod?

beakus33

what leg length do you sugest for prone and bench shooting? i have a harris that ive had for about 20yrs i think it ranges from about 12"-24" im thinking about going to a little shorter would that be better/accurate?

I constantly struggle with this. I use exclusively a 13-27" Harris S series but don't like it. Its heavy, to tall for proper alignment while prone. I do believe for bench or prone a 6-9" would be best for practice. For general hunting the 9-13" S would work best. I can't get myself to switch because I deal with tall grass or bushes quite often where I hunt and am forced to shoot sitting quite often. I'm thinking of experimenting with different setups like an attachment on the tripod for sitting and a 6-9" or 9-13" mounted on the gun. Whatever setup you choose practice with it a lot!!! I know my gun shoots 2MOA to the right when I shoot sitting compared to prone. Different positions will change your POI.

Another vote for the 9-13". For prone shooting the longer length gets you above the grass and more importantly, extended to 13" it will allow you to load/flex the legs with forward pressure which is needed for the best accuracy. For sitting shots I switch to sticks.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts