Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

Which guns do you use for predator hunting?

• Bolt Action Only

Votes: 975 40.1%
  • AR-15 Only

Votes: 81 3.3%
  • Shotgun Only

Votes: 9 0.4%
  • Bolt and Shotgun

Votes: 416 17.1%
  • AR-15 and Shotgun

Votes: 95 3.9%
  • Both AR-15 and Bolt

Votes: 857 35.2%

• Total voters
I had a 243AI built for taking coyotes, love it. Works on the little deer we have here in NC too. It's all I carry into the woods these days.

Shooting a 90g Swift Scirocco II, norma brass, 44.5g H414 3250fps through a 24" hart 10 twist. 4" groups @ 500.

I use a 243 wssm in a browning a bolt v. stalker topped with a leupold 8.5 x 25 50 mm . i load it with a 60 gr. sierra varmiter bullet 50.0 gr h 414 also a 80 gr. berger bullet .with 48.0 gr. h 414 . my best group with the eighty has been five in. at 600 yds.

I would love to use an AR for coyotes, but I'm too late to legally have one in California, thanks to the misinformed legislators who passed the anti-gun laws covering such firearms as the AR-15 and related so-called "Assault Weapons," which by-the-way seems to be a term that I have yet to see defined.

god i love texas

i use whatever is handy at the time. we usually take out the ar and shotgun for up close shots. the only good yote is a dead one where we are, they kill too much livestock to let them run without throwing some lead at them.

I used to take a Ruger Target in 223 and an 870 for most sets. This year I started carrying a custom built AR15 for sand hill hunts on educated coyotes. Wide open country means no more lugging around that shotgun.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.