Which drop away rest?

nice shooting! I shoot at a public range by my house and 70 yards is the edge of the parking lot, get some wierd looks shooting from that far away around here! sure is fun watching the arrows fall in to the target.

Vital Gear is on all my bows now. It contains the arrow (a must in my book) and has zero issues with arrow contact. Once correctly adjusted, the QAD is also good. That said, stay away from the cheaper version. I believe called the Hunter.

I've had alot of success with NAP quick tune drop aways, and recently put a Lightning on my Drenlin and am very happy with it.

IMHO, if you are shooting long with a bow, you would be best to be certain that your arrows are perfectly identical in weight and spine. Unfortunately that usually means you're going to spend at least double on arrows, and you'll probably want to shoot at single spot targets at closer ranges :)

I bought some carbon express maxima's last season and was absolutley impressed with how accurate the arrows were at longer ranges. I assemble my own arrows, so buiding them all to be within a half a grain was not difficult. In the end, my largest 50 yard groups were the size of my closed fist, and the average was 1/2 that.

MQ1

I also have a Rip Cord on my Mathews, I set it up myself and it works flawlessly. I practice out to 50 yds. and shoot out to 80 yds for fun. Most Drop aways are similar in design, just make sure it is set up properly. Good Luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.