Which Dies for a 243AI?

mjbine

I am going to be purchasing a 243AI in the very near future and would like to know which dies I should be looking to get.

Thanks

I like Redding dies personaly , the type S bushing dies are nice.
I've also had good luck with the Lee collet dies , its nice not having to lube cases and they don't cause any neck streching.

If at all possible I use Forster compseaters , the adjustments are very crisp and accurate and they load strait ammo as well

I like Redding dies personaly , the type S bushing dies are nice.
I've also had good luck with the Lee collet dies , its nice not having to lube cases and they don't cause any neck streching.

If at all possible I use Forster compseaters , the adjustments are very crisp and accurate and they load strait ammo as well

The Lee collet dies are working for me in many calibers and as James said , not having to lube ( or clean off the lube ) is a great deal . Minimal working of the brass is a plus as well . Have gotten 7 or 8 good reloads without needing to bump the shoulder back . At that point I use a Reddinng body die and shove it back 1 to 1.5 thou .

The Redding competition seater with the micrometer is what I use for all the calibers that I load . Along with James Jones advice on the Forsters I have heard of many tout them ads their seater of choice

Jim B.

I was looking at forster also but they must custom make the seater die and I must provide the reamer. Also it takes 20-25 weeks to complete the custom die. Has anyone used Wilson seater die?

Thanks for the replies.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.