Which dies are you using for 300 RUM?

Moman

Would like to know what brand of dies some of you guys are using for the 300 RUM. I would like to FL size them. Also, I have a RCBS Rockchucker II that is about 15 yrs old, is the opening in this large enough for this caliber?

I was told the rockchucker II was not tall enough for the Ultra. I load mine on the Lee Classic Cast single stage. If you have a RCII stick a case in there and see if you have enough room to seat a bullet.

I don't full length size mine so i dont have a suggestion there. I am having a Lee Collet die made to neck size, and will use a Redding body die when necessary.

If I was you, I would be tempted to start with a Redding full length sizer, and try to get the expander button stem centered in the die. There are several threads her on it, and people mentioned being able to get minimal neck runout with it.
I believe redding sells a die set with the standard full length sizer and the competition seating die. Thats what I would get.

The problem I ran into with my 1st press, is that after switching to the comp seating die I ran out of room on my press. The comp dies have a seating stem that protudes down below the die body.

That's great Ron. I had to ask because I use the Competition Seating die with my 300 Win and there isn't a whole lot of room with it.

I use a Redding Boss press (the smallest one) and have no probs with the RUM

Redding S bushing neck die
Redding Seater
Redding FL die

Have yet to use the FL.
The bushing is 333

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.