which chronograph

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by rdeh, Mar 29, 2006.

1. rdeh

rdeh Member

I am looking at getting a chronograph. Any sugestions on what brand or model to get. I don't need anything too fancy just the nuts and bolts.

2. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

nehunter, There are a number of folks who dwell here that will insist that you must have an Oehler or Mellenium or such. They are the most expensive! Personally, I have been using a Chrony Beta Master (yes, Virginia, one of the folding kind) for years and have NEVER had a problem of any kind. I know of a lot of others who use them too, and the problems with them seem to be no more numerous than with any other brand. I am by no means an expert, but mine has worked very well for me. www.shootingchrony.com
    Good luck and good shooting.
    Jim

3. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I have a new-in-the-box Beta Chrony. If you're interested drop me an email.

Outside of that, I am a die-hard Oehler user & believer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. clamb4

clamb4 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Prochrono from Competition Electronics? How good are they, they cost around $100.00 and change.

5. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

I had a " old in the box" Chrony that I sent to a old folks home in Idaho to die a well deserved death ( at the hands of one of those " old folks " ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Get what you can afford , use it , buy the next best thing when you can afford it . Give or sell the last " next best thing " but don't .......whatever you do , DON'T stop growing .

Jim B.

6. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

The cheap cronygraph has worked for me for the last 3 years as well. Once I figured out how and when to use the thing, it gives me what I want to know, velocities and thas it. It'll let you know when you find a good spread, and a bad spread. Thats all I have ever wanted it to do, and it only cost me $70. Lots of people I hear have had problems, but I have not experienced any, as of yet anyways.