Which chronograph to buy????

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by elkstalker300, Jan 18, 2007.

1. elkstalker300

elkstalker300 Well-Known Member

I am fixing to get a chrono from cabelas and wondering which one to get? the Pact, Beta Master Chony, ProChrono Digital or the F-1???? any help would be helpful as I have never been around chrono's before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Try to get one with a printer if possible.

When shooting I write the load number on the
    printout for later evaluation and keep them
    in my reloading book.

I have used them for years to evaluate new lot
    number powders aganst original powder charges.

Ohler has stoped making the 35p or I would recomend
    it.

Dont skimp buy a good one and you wont be sorry.

J E CUSTOM

3. Big_Tex22

Big_Tex22 Active Member

I came across a ProChrono-anyone use these much? Doesn't have a printer, but can get the remote/printer seperate.

4. northernchris

northernchris Active Member

I have just got a Pro-Crono seems very good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Jimm

Jimm Writers Guild

Elkstalker300,

You might want to hang on just a bit before you buy as the rumour is that a chrono mfg. that is existing is fixing to come out twith a chrono that is the equivalent to the no longer mfged Oehler 35 .
    Look around at the different shooting /loading sites and you may discover more , but for now thats all I know , sorry

Jim B.

6. Peeler

Peeler New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    You might want to hang on just a bit before you buy as the rumour is that a chrono mfg. that is existing is fixing to come out twith a chrono that is the equivalent to the no longer mfged Oehler 35 .
    Look around at the different shooting /loading sites and you may discover more , but for now thats all I know , sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have any further information on this new chronograph? I had a Pact Pro but it was stolen out of my truck in Dallas. It served me well but I thought I may try something different. Thanks, KP

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I have the Gamma Chrony with the printer. Does just fine for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif