Which CeraKote Colors For My Next Rifle?

Which colors should I use for my next rifle?

• Flat Dark Earth & Coyote Tan

Votes: 97 42.7%
  • Foliage Green & Forest Green

Votes: 33 14.5%
  • Sniper Gray & OD Green

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • Titanium & Flat Dark Earth

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Titanium & Sniper Gray

Votes: 25 11.0%

• Total voters
CeraKote is for losers-----HVOF is the way to go!!!!! New process is going to filter down to the firearms industry eventually...

Last edited:
"The high velocity oxy-fuel process was invented only 20 years ago, yet has thrust the thermal spray application range into areas that were once unattainable. In HVOF spraying, a combination of process gases, such as hydrogen, oxygen and air, are injected into the combustion chamber of the torch at high pressure and ignited. The resulting gas velocities achieve supersonic speeds. The powder is injected into the flame and also accelerated to supersonic speed. The results are the densest thermal spray coatings available."

Cannot go into any detail right now but this process has been refined by a few sources such that it is being used in high wear/pressure areas where chrome was only suitable (Military Aerospace). The issue with 99% of what this is used for commercially is the thickness of the HVOF coating. Now it has been solved. Working with the best M&P people in the world as well as the builder of the System for the AC will be applying this to one of my Speedy guns in the future. There will be nothing like it on the planet----and you know I like to be different as well as have the neatest toys!

Sniper Grey and OD Green IMHO less of a contrast as I don't fancy two tone pistols.

Last edited:
ODGreenARTB008-1.jpg

I did this OD green to my 45. Thinking I may redo the slide Graphite black.

DUH-

Can you send a pic of that combination? I was looking at that exact color but can't find any pictures out there on a rifle with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.