which caliber

blipelt

I have a remington ss short action for a donor action from a 243. I am looking for some ideas on what caliber to build. 243AI 6X47lapua 308 260rogue. Mainly harvest deer sized game weight in the eleven pound range. My smith is just finishing up a 6X47 lapua singleshot for F-class. I only have one other nonmagnum rifle in a 22-250. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Brent

All of those will work great , I'd pick the 6x47 lapua over the 243Ai , and the regular 260 is a great round , Nate has a good reamer as hes the guy that build my 260 which I killed my longest deer this past year with at 944yds.

The 260 would likely be my choice of that group .

I do have a soft spot in my heart for the 308 and plan to build another realy soon , its kinda like the first girlfriend that you jusy keep going back to cause she treats so you right , everything you want and need but maybe not as sexy all the time but shes their every time you need her and she always gets the job done.

dissclaimer :

Thats was a hypothetical situation written simply as an example to express how some rounds are more "favored" by some , in no way , shape or form was it ment to express my feelings or urges toward any ex girlfriends that i may have encounter since I've been happly married to my wonderfull , loving , caring and not so understanding wife.

No you can't call her , I'm selfish :p

Why be selfish among friends? If she is that good, and an ex, you really ought to share.

Steve

p.s. My wife doesn't read this sight either.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.