Which budget scope to put on a .17

Kenster-Boy

I just got a new savage bolt action .17 rimfire rifle. I was wondering if this could be used as a sort of training tool to learn doping wind, and drop with? Maybe kill a few jackrabbits or squirrels in the process.

If this ideas is practical what budget scope would you suggest putting on it. I would like to have target turrets if possible. Because that's what's on my hunting rig.

I am hoping to spend under 150 for the scope and rings? What do you recommend? Or am I wanting too much for too little $?

Note: I got this gun as a gift so I am trying to work with what I got. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I've got a Bushnell Elite 3200 with Mil-Dot's and target turrets that I payed less than $150 for. It works pretty good and I think might be a good choice for you.

Devin

Millet buck silver 4-16 with target turrets. Ive got an extra BSA scope here if you are interested. Not great, but it works on this type of gun 8-32x50 ill send it with rings for $100

I use my .17 HMR for practice, using a swift premier mildot. I use .124 as a b.c. for the drop charts and it works well for punching jack rabbits out to about 275. Enjoy your new tool.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.