Which BRAKE

summitsitter

Which muzzle break do I buy is there anyone that better than the other.. Going on a rem.700 22-250 and a win.70 270wsm.. Thanks

I use a Vias on my 280 and it performs very well. Keep in mind that most breaks will stir up dust when firing from a prone position if they have ports that open down.

This has been brought up many times and you will get several different brands and types recommended to you.;)

Typically the most efficient will be a baffle type brake with vertical baffles and properly sized openings. You will see claims that someone makes one that's not any louder than an unbraked gun and that's the type that I'd stay away from.

Also remember that any brake that has holes all the way around will kick up a lot of dust and debris when shooting prone on the ground. Most people using a baffle type brake use one with a solid bottom to eliminate this problem.

Some brakes will have holes in the top or specially designed/angled ports and baffles to help eliminate muzzle rise or jump.

I like the type make by Shawn or Kirby. They are similar to the Holland QD type brake and I find them to be very efficient and they work.;)

Nate makes a good brake as well as some others.

Part of your decision will probably be based on efficiency, part on looks and design and maybe a little on price.

Use the search function and you will find a huge amount of reading and many different brands recommended. The choice is up to you.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.