which bipod?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Tikkamike, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

I am looking for a bipod to put on my new rifle. I think I want about a 6-9 nothing too big just something I can throw on my rifles and be able to shoot from the ground or across something. Basically just to have a small rest when I need it. Which bipods do you guys like??

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

Get a Harris and be done with it. There are some better, and many, many worse. But Harris remains the standard for general use bipods. And get the one that swivels, with notched legs (SBRM). A KMW Pod-Loc is a popular upgrade.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010

3. ltrbuck

ltrbuck Well-Known Member

X 2 on a Harris!

4. RangerEd

RangerEd Active Member

But which size? 6-9? 9-13?

5. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

6x9 the 9x13 seems unstable at times.
    robster

6. Don Ward

Don Ward Well-Known Member

We use the shortest Stoney Point. It snaps on and off so we only put it on when needed. They are light and the rubber "Y" that joins the legs is flexible making it very fast to set up on uneven terrain. They also allow the rifle to recoil naturally instead of dragging a regular bipod rearward during recoil.

We have a stud for them that will go in that extra female in the front of your stock. It's less bulky than the one that comes with them. Let me know if you need one.

Looks like the rifle is coming together nicely!

7. ovastafford

ovastafford Well-Known Member

+1 on the stoney point, works great