Which bases and rings? How do I determine the height I need?

Bigeclipse

I have a Christensen Arms Mesa (Remington clone action) which currently sports talley medium height base/ring one piece. They work fine but I could probably go a bit lower AND I am thinking I want to go with a rail with ring set instead. So which rail and rings should I look into? Keep in mind, I do not want to spend ULTRA crazy money but also don't want to go crazy cheap. Maybe something in the 150-200$ range for both the rail and rings. Also, how do I determine the appropriate height? I need to make sure I have room for scope covers as well. Thanks!

I just purchased a Christensen Arms Mesa rifle, short action, and I placed a Maven 5x30, 50mm scope on it. I used the Warne rail base, for Remington 700 short action, and the Warne 30mm tactical style rail rings. Easy to mount, good clearance for the scope.

Attachments

• D553C8B6-C902-4081-9657-9C0F7A11CC9A.jpeg
    D553C8B6-C902-4081-9657-9C0F7A11CC9A.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 234
I just purchased a Christensen Arms Mesa rifle, short action, and I placed a Maven 5x30, 50mm scope on it. I used the Warne rail base, for Remington 700 short action, and the Warne 30mm tactical style rail rings. Easy to mount, good clearance for the scope.
What height were the rings?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.