Which ballistic "APP" works the best for you

Which ballistic "APP" works the best for you

• Total voters

dfanonymous

Whatever your reasons. Library, truing tool, app lines up with your real world data, etc. Lets battle out the what the "best" ballistic app is.

I prefer the user interface and firearm/load storage of Shooter. I have found it to be accurate within 0.2 mil at 1238 yards for my 6.5x47 Lapua using Berger 130 Hunting VLD and the Litz G7. I do use Ballistic AE, however, to calculate my zero range for my selected maximum point blank range (since Shooter doesn't have that function), and then input that as my zero into Shooter.

I prefer the user interface and firearm/load storage of Shooter. I have found it to be accurate within 0.2 mil at 1238 yards for my 6.5x47 Lapua using Berger 130 Hunting VLD and the Litz G7. I do use Ballistic AE, however, to calculate my zero range for my selected maximum point blank range (since Shooter doesn't have that function), and then input that as my zero into Shooter.

I just wish that there was support and upgrades for shooter. It is what it is.

LOLOL Dang he sure did...he forgot the 2 best software systems....Patagonia and FFS but neither are "apps" really as they are more "stand alone programs" :)
THEIS

I've ran both Patagonia and AB from the first version to today, they both yield quality solutions but AB is the one I shoot with because it's far more intuitive and much easier to get data into. The AB platform is far superior not being tied to Windows apps and I've had to buy Patagonia several times because of the poor support its just easier to buy another licence however I won't buy another.

LOLOL Dang he sure did...he forgot the 2 best software systems....Patagonia and FFS but neither are "apps" really as they are more "stand alone programs" :)
THEIS
Absolutely. Coldbore and FFS are clearly the best two programs out there. Nothing comes close. AB is just another program with great marketing. Same engine like 99% of the others at a premium. Personally I've never had any license issue with Patagonia, the rules are simple and the results are truly phenomenal. FFS is also very good but is restricted only to the PDA. Not for nothing these two runs on their own engines. AB even with the CDM have been inferior at 2500 plus yards by over a MIL.

THEIS
Absolutely. Coldbore and FFS are clearly the best two programs out there. Nothing comes close. AB is just another program with great marketing. Same engine like 99% of the others at a premium. Personally I've never had any license issue with Patagonia, the rules are simple and the results are truly phenomenal. FFS is also very good but is restricted only to the PDA. Not for nothing these two runs on their own engines. AB even with the CDM have been inferior at 2500 plus yards by over a MIL.

Lots of votes for Strelok but no comments about it. I've used it and like it, because it was decent and free. I rely on my KILO 2400 ABS now, that thing is unreal.

Lots of votes for Strelok but no comments about it. I've used it and like it, because it was decent and free. I rely on my KILO 2400 ABS now, that thing is unreal.
I only wish the Kilo to come without AB, why should I pay a lot of money to run a licensed software I don't care of? SIG listen to us!

It's called a 2200!
Based on the literature it's not the same laser and hardware, and most important, not the same field performance. But I can be wrong. If you have a different feedback please care to share.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.